1069 Old Route 30 | PO Box 172 | Cashtown, PA 17310
(717) 334-3838 | Fax (717) 334-2872
|April 4, 2011|
Box Area 1-3
|Engine 4-1 was dispatched at 0504 hrs for the house fire at 142 Knoxlyn-Orrtanna Rd. Chief 1 (Baldwin) arrived first to report a fully involved single story, single family home and requested a second alarm assignment. E4-1 (Chief Nagle) responded with 6 and was the second arriving engine. The crew assisted with fire suppression efforts and as tankers started to arrive, E4-1 set up to draft from the porta-tank and supplied the attack engine (E1-1). Chief 4 had Water Supply. Company 4 cleared the scene at 0936 hrs.
Adams Co Units: E1-1, TK1, R1, E2-1, E4-1, T6, ET19, E22-2, ET23, R33, AMB 1A, AMB 2A
|April 16, 2011|
|Heavy rains kept crews at Company 4 on the move all evening. To make matters worse, the Department's 450 Club fundraiser was already underway at the fire hall when the storm rolled in. As members were pulled from the fundraiser to answer a number of emergency and non-emergency calls, a skeleton crew remained to work the fundraiser supported by some of our generous and willing patrons. Calls for the evening included:
- 1740 hrs - Box 4-1 - Franklin Twp - SQ4 and E4-1 responded along with R26, BO26, AMB 2A and FL SQ7 to the intersection of Chambersburg Rd and Seven Stars Rd for the report of a vehicle stranded in high water with 4 occupants standing on the roof of the vehicle. Crews arrived to find that all the occupants had already made it safely out of the water. All units were clear at 1757 hrs. Photos shown below.
- 1808 hrs - Box 5-1 - Franklin Twp - SQ4 was dispatched to the area of Mummasburg Rd and Hilltown Rd for a vehicle stranded in high water. While en route to the call, SQ4 encountered an area of impassible high water on Hilltown Rd and was placed in service by D/C 5.
- 1945 hrs - Box 4-5 - Franklin Twp - SQ4 and E4-1 responded along with BO11, AMB 6A and FL SQ7 to the area of 148 Crooked Creek Rd for a vehicle stranded in high water. Crews arrived to find two occupants still in the vehicle. The vehicle was pulled from the water using the winch from SQ4 and units were clear at 2002 hrs.
- 2101 hrs - Box 1-3 - Highland Twp - SQ4 was dispatched to the Gettysburg Campground at 2030 Fairfield Rd to assist with the water rescue. SQ4 provided lighting and was released by Command 1 at 2309 hrs.
In addition to the emergency calls above, other personnel handled four non-emergency public service calls for residential flooding conditions.
A huge THANK YOU goes out to all members and other personnel who assisted in any way with handling calls or helping with the fundraiser throughout the evening.