CASHTOWN COMMUNITY FIRE DEPARTMENT
1069 Old Route 30 | PO Box 172 | Cashtown, PA 17310
(717) 334-3838 | Fax (717) 334-2872
www.cashtownfire.org

ENGINE 4-1
 
Engine 4-1
 
1963 Ford / American
 
500 gpm American front-mount pump
1,000 gallon water tank

Originally known as "Tanker 41", this unit was later redesignated as "Engine 4-1" as part of a county-wide apparatus numbering system. This unit operated as the primary fire suppression / fire attack piece from the time it was delivered until 1984 when the current Engine 4-3 (1984 Ford/American) was placed into service. During the winter of 1987-1988, Engine 4-1 was completely refurbished by Lady & Taylor Body Shop (today known as Pennsylvania Fire Apparatus) in Heidlersburg, PA. A 10" rear dump valve was added at that time to make it more efficient for tanker operations, which was its primary role during its last 10-15 years of service. This unit was retired in 2001 after 38 years of service when it was replaced by the 2001 Pierce that currently serves as Engine 4-1.